Minnesota Bird Cities
Audubon Minnesota's Bird City program encourages communities to plan for urban bird conservation.
We are grateful to these communities for their invaluable input during the development of program criteria and application materials.
- City of Austin: Now a Bird City! (Press release)
- Austin recognized for bird conservation efforts (KTTC TV), October 2019
- Bemidji celebrates Bird City Minnesota designation (Press release)
- Bemidji awarded Bird City designation (Lakeland Public TV), July 2017
- Crosslake becomes a Bird City (Brainerd Dispatch)
- Hastings designated Minnesota's first Bird City (Press Release)
- Hastings is Minnesota's first official Bird City (Hastings Gazette), April 2016
- City of Hastings Birding web page
- St. Paul is Minnesota's Newest Bird City (Press Release)
- St. Paul is now a Bird City of Minnesota (Pioneer Press), July 2016
Funding for this project is provided by the Minnesota Environment and Natural Resources Trust Fund as recommended by the Legislative-Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources (LCCMR).
How you can help, right now
Donate to Audubon
Help secure the future for birds at risk from climate change, habitat loss and other threats. Your support will power our science, education, advocacy and on-the-ground conservation efforts.
YOU can be a community scientist!
You can volunteer with Audubon Minnesota and help support birds.